Mechanical Contractor Services
Waco, Inc. is an accomplished mechanical construction and maintenance contractor. Since 1963, we have served manufacturing industries, businesses and institutions while completing complex projects for some of the nation’s largest most established Fortune 500 companies.
We understand the construction process and how it impacts our customer’s operations. We acknowledge that even the shortest shut-down means costly downtime for our clients. Multi-craft support, innovative shifts and scheduling are ways we overcome unnecessary lost time. With Waco, you will find that our team approaches every job with a professional commitment to maintaining productivity and a safe workforce.
Waco’s goal is to bring unrivaled expertise to every job, from large multifaceted projects to short term individual tasks. Our unique ability is providing the vast experience we have acquired through decades of quality performance on construction projects to you – our Customer.
Waco, Inc. Mechanical Services
Though often similar in form, utility and process piping differ in function. Utility systems are essential for connecting your building to municipal utilities such as water, gas, sewage, and more. Process piping systems are integral for the proper transfer of gases and fluids throughout your facility that are used in various production processes.
Examples of utility and process piping systems include:
- Chemical Piping – Acids, Caustics, and Volatile fluids
- Compressed Air Natural Gas and Oil
- Steam & Condensate
- Chilled, Cooling, Heating and Domestic Water
- Wastewater and Solids Recovery
- Sanitary Stainless Steel
We furnish and install our systems with quality materials to ensure maximum service life. Our standard material options include copper, ductile iron, 304 and 316 stainless steel, carbon steel and plastics (HDPE, PPE, and PVC). Additionally, we have expertise working with Teflon-lined, glass-lined, Chrome Moly, and pre-insulated pipe systems.
We use our own in-house quality control/quality assurance managers to test and certify our welding and pipe fitting procedures meet code and our customers specific requirements.
Our sanitary stainless-steel piping systems offer superior performance for applications where sanitation must be prioritized. This type of process piping is specified in food and beverage processing to ensure compliance with food-grade sanitation standards. All of our hygienic pipes, valves, and fittings are free of cracks and utilize the proper gaskets and seals. We provide systems for food and beverage, biopharmaceutical, and personal care customers, and we are proud to have served the following companies:
- Dennis Group
- Devils Backbone Brewing Company
- Smithfield Foods
- Virginia Distillery
Pressure vessels are specifically designed to contain highly pressurized liquids or gases without incurring damage. The pressure capabilities of the vessels themselves and the fittings, pipes, and seals must exceed the predicted pressures of the application to guarantee safe operation.
At Waco, we weld and repair pressure vessels in accordance with American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) standards. Our Pressure Vessel services are R and NB Stamp accredited, which means our welding procedures withstand rigorous quality control testing as governed by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors and the ASME. We also hold S and U ASME Certification for the Manufacture and Assembly of Power Boilers and for the Manufacture of Pressure Vessels, respectively.
We have served the following clients and more with our pressure vessel repair and welding services:
- Dominion Power
- Genco -NAES
- PWC – Fayetteville
- Virginia Tech
HVAC systems play an important role in controlling internal environments for employees and for creating ideal conditions for goods, production processes, and material storage. Waco provides commercial HVAC installations and repairs of varying sizes, from single chiller replacements to complete renovations or builds.
Our teams have extensive experience with comprehensive HVAC projects ranging from $50,000 to $5,000,000 and above for businesses, schools, and large institutions. We’ve completed large HVAC projects for the following colleges and universities:
- Virginia Community Colleges
- Virginia Tech
- University of Richmond
Water and wastewater treatment systems can cleanse or remove toxic chemicals from wastewater before it’s introduced to the municipal sewer system or disposed of off-site. Our teams specialize in creating clean, efficient wastewater treatment systems that keep up with your facility’s demand and meet increasingly stringent environmental regulations.
Waco has completed water and wastewater treatment projects ranging from simple pump station upgrades to installations involving new vaults, rotating screens, clarifier rebuilds, strainers, treatment tanks, and nano membrane skids, with project costs from $200,000 to $6,000,000. Our client list includes:
- Hopewell Water Treatment Plant
- City of Covington
- Henrico Public Utilities
- Monogram Foods – CHA Engineering
- Hurt and Profit
- Hazen and Sawyer
- James City County
- Hanover County – Public Utilities
- Appomattox River Water Authority
Structural steel is used to create critical support structures for commercial and industrial buildings of all types. We have handled a variety of structural steel projects for a variety of building types and sizes. Our structural steel services include installing supports, installing rebar, facility retrofitting, metal roofing installation, and the installation of steel support systems like catwalks, stairs, monorails, and grating.
We have completed various structural steel projects for clients such as:
- Ashland, Inc.
- Dominion Power
- Dow/ Dupont
Industrial equipment must be installed and integrated properly into all relevant facility infrastructure. At Waco, our teams provide comprehensive installation services for manufacturing lines, process equipment, solid and fluid handling systems and more. We also provide extensive alignment and retrofitting services.
We’ve provided installation, setting, and alignment services for a broad range of industrial equipment, including:
- Cooling Towers
At Waco, we offer an extensive array of services to our clients. In addition to the services already mentioned, we provide full-service mechanical and industrial contracting. This includes:
- Mechanical demolition
- Breeching and ductwork services
- Boiler installation
- Specialty rigging and critical lifts
Since 1963, we have been serving companies in Virginia, North Carolina, and Maryland, and we work with companies within the Mid-Eastern United States. We’re proud to serve a wide range of industries from our ten locations, including the following:
- Chemical processing
- Commercial and institutional facilities
- Food and beverage
- Paper mills
- Power generation
- Waste and water treatment
What to Look for in a Mechanical Contractor
Choosing the right mechanical contractor is essential. The functionality of your facility depends largely on the experience and expertise of the contractors you use. This is the case during the construction and installation phase of your new building project, as well as the maintenance and renovation of your current facility. When looking for a quality driven mechanical contractor consider these factors:
- Experience. Choosing a company that has decades of experience is one of the best ways to ensure project success. Waco has been in business for nearly 60 years.
- Company organization. Your pre-construction activity with the contractor before the work begins will determine how the project will be executed and eliminate delays and questions later in the process. Waco’s team works with you to prepare innovative, cohesive solutions for each customer’s unique requirements.
- Safety and regulatory compliance. Companies should clearly answer any questions about their certifications, the standards they comply with, and their safety record. Waco maintains a variety of certifications and complies with strict standards as required, and we stand behind our safety record. We have a dedicated safety director and several safety managers. Annual training and a Job Safety Awareness and Hazard Analysis of each project allow us to continue to safely work in our customers facilities.
- Budget and schedule adherence. Detailed estimates and a comprehensive and reasonable schedule are good indicators that a company will adhere to both your budget and schedule. If these documents are vague, incomplete, or don’t acknowledge your budget or scheduling limitations, then that company may not be the right fit. Waco’s seasoned project managers will be sure expectations are met and that there are no surprises.
- Capacity and capability. Depending on the size and scope of your project, not all contractors are capable of completing your project. Choosing companies that are under sized or working outside of their field of expertise can result in delays, poor workmanship, and incomplete work. Waco operates from ten locations using only trusted, experienced employees. We have an extensive and proven track record of successful projects and satisfied customers.
Key Locations for Mechanical Services
- 5450 Lewis Road :: Richmond, VA
- 710 W. Locust St :: Covington, VA
- 208 Martin Luther King Jr Dr., Bladensboro, NC
- 153 Walters Drive, Christiansburg, VA
Choose Waco to Start Your Mechanical Build Today
At Waco, we provide high-quality mechanical services for our clients across Virginia and the Mid-Atlantic region. We are a privately-owned contracting firm with headquarters in Richmond, Virginia. Our experienced teams can handle construction, installation, retrofitting, and upgrade projects for all types of industrial facilities. We have been serving clients since 1963, and we’re accredited with the R-Stamp, and maintain S, and U ASME certifications.
If you’re looking for a mechanical contracting service provider that can handle all of your project’s needs, we have the capacity, experience, certifications, and ability to get the job done. Contact us today to learn more about our services and capabilities.